Malaysia Penang Chinese Chamber Of Commerce
Established in 1903, the Penang Chinese Chamber of Commerce (PCCC) was one of the, if not the pioneer trade organization founded at the turn of twentieth in this region. It has come a long way since its humble inception and is now one of the strongest commercial institutions in Malaysia in terms of membership and organizational and functional characteristic that is well recognized by both the public and private sectors. In 2003, the Registrar of Society of Malaysia(ROS) presented the Award Certificate of Excellent Society to the Chamber. It has been awarded the ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System(QMS)Certificate in March 2006.
Objective of the Penang Chinese Chamber Of Commerce :
- To improve and develop trade and industry.
- To collect, collate and disseminate commercial information and to issue certificates of authentication.
- To arbitrate and settle trade and industrial disputes.
- To collect and compile trade statistics.
- To organize trade exhibitions, seminars and human resource development programmes either on its own or in collaboration with other institution(s).
- To support charitable, cultural and educational institutions.